Upon moving back to Taiwan, I engaged in promoting inquiry-based creative learning and designing interactive curriculum for children when I started tutoring young children while simultaneously working at Indiegogo. In Taipei, younger parents are starting to realize the value of inquiry-based approaches. Over my partner’s 10 years in the education industry, she has developed teaching ideologies that are built around the theme of curiosity stimulation and creative learning.
I have experience creating curriculums tailored to each student’s personality and specific needs, via online education services such as Education.com, Superteacher, and ClassDojo alike applications.
I made it a personal project to design an app that me and my fellow teachers could centralize features that are important to us.
Tutoroo is a multifunctional app that allows private teachers to find, plan, and organize lesson plans - costumed, for each of their students.
The app also acts as a communication app between students and teachers - allowing messaging for any questions or virtual homework assigning.
- Find tutoring curriculums and lesson plans for different level learners.
- Allow a tutor to assign (via easy drag & drop) the appropriate lesson plan to each student’s profile, according to what the tutor sees fit.
- Allow a tutor to create accounts for each student, logging a student’s past & present progress.
- Have a chat function for students and the tutor to communicate. Either a 1:1 direct message, or a 1-to-many chat channel/group.
Initial Target Groups
- Parents who’d like to tutor their own children
- Rookie Teenager/Young Adults who casually tutor as a side job
- Experienced/Full Time Private Tutors with existing students
- Remote Tutors
Christy, 20 years old
- Junior college student
- Majors in English Literature & Communications
- Lives in San Diego, CA
- Has a routined & organized lifestyle - would like to make extra cash during her downtime
- Create a useful app and provide organizational guides for education professions
- Improve tutors’ teaching experience
- Help build a system & new way of communication between tutors & students
- Generate profit